Palace of Olomouc Museum of Art

27. 10. 2016 – 26. 3. 2017
MUSEUM OF MODERN ART | GALLERY

The museum building celebrate a significant anniversary this year. The building on Denis Street was rebuilt a century ago to the palatial building of malting family Donath. This marked a new stage in the rich history of Buda.

On this occasion and also in connection with the completion of reconstruction of the facade and roof of the museum we commemorate important moments in the history of the place, which played an important role in the Middle Ages and formed an important part of church precinct.

In addition, the exhibition will be accompanied with a book by former director of the museum, architectural historian Pavel Zatloukal.

Photo Gallery
From the history of the place

Forecastle with the explosion of new gates, bachelor thesis by Matthias Schmidt from the University of Olomouc, 1676, copperplate Johann Joseph Kilian

From the history of the place

View of part of the northern front Předhradí, 1745; under no. 1 hospital Church of the Holy Spirit

From the history of the place

Prison from the north, 1912

From the history of the place

Rebuilding of the former prison, 1915

From the history of the place

Draft of the main facade of the Donath palace, 1915

From the history of the place

Emil Kugel, Design of facade Elite Theater and Radio Bar, 1926

From the history of the place

View of the facade of the building, 1939

From the history of the place

Hall of the Music Theatre, 1973

From the history of the place

Archaeological Survey, 1991

From the history of the place

From the opening of the Salon and the Cabinet - the first exhibition halls of Olomouc Museum of Art, 1993

Olomouc Museum of Art
Olomouc Museum of Art
Olomouc Museum of Art
Olomouc Museum of Art
Olomouc Museum of Art
Visualization of the Central European Forum Olomouc

Todays opening hours

Archdiocesan Museum Olomouc closed
Museum of Modern Art closed
Archdiocesan Museum Kroměříž closed

Monday | 23. 5. 2022

Today is closed


Pokladna otevřená út–ne 10-18 hodin, Rezervace na pokladna@muo.cz
telefon: 585 514 241

8 exhibitions open

Subscribe to Newsletter

 
© MUZEUM UMĚNÍ OLOMOUC 2022 Nastavení Cookies