Sculptors of the Olomouc Baroque: Michael Zürn Jr. (1654–1698)

WED | 3. 11. | 7 P.M. | MOZARTEUM | ENTRY 30 CZK
Martin Pavlíčeks lecture series

A sculptor, originally from Wasserburg, Bavaria, who came to Moravia with his brother George David Zürn in 1671. Here they worked on the decoration of the flower garden colonnade (until 1675) and the Marian column (1680–1681). In Olomouc, his almost exclusive employers were the Premonstratensian monks from the Hradisko canon. He also created several works - in a highly expressive style - for city temples. In 1681 he left to work in Austria and Bavaria.

Machine translation

 


Todays opening hours

Archdiocesan Museum Olomouc Closed
Museum of Modern Art Open
Archdiocesan Museum Kroměříž closed

Sunday | 5. 12. 2021

Today is open


Pokladna otevřená út–ne 10-18 hodin, Rezervace na pokladna@olmuart.cz
telefon: 585 514 241

15 exhibitions open

Subscribe to Newsletter

 
© MUZEUM UMĚNÍ OLOMOUC 2016