Můžete si koupit


Přejít do e-shopu

Bow and lyre | From the collection of the Archdiocesan Museum in Kromeriz

November 6, 2008 - February 1, 2009
Museum of Modern Art | The naves

Kroměříž Archdiocesan Museum was founded on June 20, 2007. Its headquarters is the former summer residence of the Olomouc bishops and archbishops - Kroměříž castle. The exhibition Bow & Lyre is the first attempt to introduce the public on the choice of what they have the opportunity to see visitors Kromeriz Castle, but this time also cross all areas of the castle in the collections, which are a set of undisputed world artistic level.

The beginnings of a unique collection, which now has about 135,000 artefacts, mainly related to the personality of Bishop Charles II. of Lichtenstein-Castelkorn (1664-1695). Not only laid the basis for large-scale purchases of virtually all of todays collections, but at the end of his life he decided to dedicate even his own art collection bishopric of Olomouc and pledged those who will come after him, the proper care of these funds.

The most important and the most files belong in Kromeriz undoubtedly painting collection. The core of the collection came from the collections of the executed Charles I, King of England and Lord Thomas Howard of Arundel (eg. Titian, Veronese and others.). For additional remember names such as Lucas Cranach st., Anthonis van Dyck, Samuel van Hoogstraten, Jan Christopher Fox, Annibale Carracci ad. Equally valuable and art-historical terms are comparable staromistrovských collection of drawings (which are represented in many leading European, especially Italian art centers, such as the authors. Sebastiano del Piombo), like an extensive collection of ancient graphics. The largest part of the collection represents hospitalized in the castle library. In the Fund are represented diverse disciplines (theology, philosophy, history, medicine, botany, astronomy, cartography, physics, geometry ad.) And of course various art forms. Similarly, the extensive music archive, the representative character also has a collection of coins and medals. The latest collections circuit is fond of the furniture including furniture, stolovací sets, secular and liturgical textiles and hunting weapons and trophies 15 to 19 century.

Photo Gallery
Tiziano Vecellio, called Titian

Apollo and Marsyas, probably in the years 1550-1576

Lucas Cranach

The Beheading of St. Catherine, 1515

Giuseppe Galli Bibiena

Garden scenery, 1740

Sacramentarium

2nd half of the 9th century

Bible called Burgundy

second quarter 13th century

Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart

Larghetto, 1767

Anonymous

Mameluck carpet, the second half of the 15th century


Todays opening hours

Archdiocesan Museum Olomouc Closed
Museum of Modern Art Open
Archdiocesan Museum Kroměříž closed

Saturday | 22. 1. 2022

Today is open


Pokladna otevřená út–ne 10-18 hodin, Rezervace na pokladna@olmuart.cz
telefon: 585 514 241

6 exhibitions open

Subscribe to Newsletter

 
© MUZEUM UMĚNÍ OLOMOUC 2016